Diego Costa set for Spain debut next week.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid make another attempt to sign Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan.
– ‘Another attempt for Gundogan’
– A formal understanding exists between Real Madrid and Dortmund. Los Blancos assure the priority is to sign him as part of the deal for Nuri Sahin.
– The German star has just signed a contract until 2015, but it is understood that he will leave next summer.
– Red skin: Diego Costa will debut next week for Spain after deciding to snub Brazil.
– Xabi Alonso and Javi Martinez return, but Xavi and Gerard Pique will likely be rested.
– Fervour in Napoli: Gonzalo Higuain loved like the new Maradona.
– Copa del Rey, the deal of the Euromillion: Cartagena, Algeciras, Racing, Olimpic, Lleida and Sant Andrew to ask the questions of the big boys.
– Slovan add salt to Sevilla boss Unai Emery’s wound.
– “Sometimes commercial concerns interfere on the technical decisions,” says Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti.
– Ancelotti goes back to his book, ‘My christmas tree”.
– Cristiano Ronaldo has a pain in his finger and he will go through tests to see if he can play against La Real.
– Diego Costa, called-up. Vicente Del Bosque calls him up for friendlies against Guinea and South Africa.
– In addition, Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso returns.
– Sandro Rosell renews Andoni Zubizarreta’s contract until 2016.
– ‘Busi an idol’.
– The best centre-midfielder of the world receives praise at Camp Nou that, for the first time, sang his name.
– Love of privacy, despite not having Facebook or Twitter, his name goes viral.
– A wink amongst the two stars: The partnership of Lionel Messi and Neymar is getting perfect day by day.
– Leo: “They have been two lessons in a row and that is noted”.
– Zubizarreta, sporting director until 2016
– Carles Puyol and Marc Bartra the defensive pair for Betis.
– Real Madrid: The goalkeeping debate opens up. The fans asking for Iker Casillas and warn about Diego Lopez.
– Europa League: A comeback and Los Che lead
– Del Bosque calls up Diego Costa: 5 Barca players called up, Pique and Xavi rested.