Spotlight also on Madrid youngsters.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain with the spotlight on the young Spaniards in the national squad while Real Madrid debt levels are discussed.
– Michel talks Jese and Morata and reveals the secrets of Real Madrid’s young pair as he believes that if you rely upon them, “they will always respond”.
– Both have great futures at Madrid but it is difficult to get into the team, while playing just 20 minutes means it is difficult to leave your mark.
– A calm change. 15 of the 23 players called up by Vincente Del Bosque owe their chances to the boss. The coach has given debuts to 35 players during his tenure in charge.
– Joan Collet, the president of Espanyol insists that “this league is filled with fraud”.
– “Madrid owes €541m” – Carlos Mendoza, the convention delegate closes the general assembly and speaks to AS.
– “The debt is more than double than that of Lorenzo Sanz. They had to sell Mesut Ozil to compensate for the spending on other transfers. They will bury themselves in the work of the Bernabeu that will cost around €400m so it is not very prudent of them.
– “We are the club that takes in more than any other club but we also spend the most”.
– Figures suggest that revenue only increased by 1 per cent last year while spending has continued to rise with a number of high profile signings and contract renewals.
– Meanwhile, Gareth Bale is working to be ready for the Clasico. The date is official; October 26 at 18:00.
– Dani Alves asks for patience with Diego Costa, and claims that he would be important for Brazil too.
– Barcelona coach Tata Martino: “This La Liga is made of three”.
– ‘Tata style’; Rexach and Martino. The game depends on the players and Barca “have the best”. Coach claims that when he sees his players in training he can see that they are capable of great things.
– Neymar at the centre of criticism. The Brazilian is the object of criticism from rival coaches because they cannot deal with his incredible talent.
– El Clasico to be played on October 26.
– Spain national team; Michu heading for Brazil.
– Meanwhile, Espanyol president raises his concerns about fraud in La Liga.