Italian tactician has yet to really make his Madrid side convince.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti is under early pressure after derby defeat.
– ‘Where do we start, Carlo?’ – The fans have many doubts, the system of play is still undefined, there is a lack of intensity along with a defensive weakness and physically the players are not in great shape.
– The Italian tactician has been in charge for 100 days at Madrid and he is still looking for the right mix. However, they remain a solid outfit and a viable project.
– Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid have broken all kinds of records and they will reject offers for half the team this summer as there is no need to sell.
– Neymar’s time; Lionel Messi is ruled out of the Celtic clash this week, and the Brazilian is therefore now a certain starter.
– ‘Ancelotti has made a mess'; He has already forgotten what he said in the summer: “We are going to play spectacular football”.
– He insists on playing Karim Benzema to appease Florentino Perez. He lined up Asier Illarramendi instead of playing Luka Modric who has been better.
– He still does not have a clear idea of who is number one goalkeeper is and he does not know if his team is to play “jugo bonito” or the Italian way to counter attack.
– He is also not giving chances to Morata, Carvajal, Casemiro and Jese.
– ‘Prepared and ready'; Neymar, fresh and ready, and he will take over from the injured Messi in Glasgow.
– The biggest incentive for the Brazilian is that he scores his first goal in the Champions League. Messi is likely to be ruled out for between 2-3 weeks.
– Pedro will start against Celtic and Cesc Fabregas will act as the number 9.
– The first crisis: The €184.7m in signings but you can hardly notice it as September ends with Ancelotti under fire. There is trouble between the players and many doubts.