Argentinian set to return to training after fall.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy with match reaction to Fiorentina’s win over Catania as well as updates on Gonzalo Higuain.
– “Higuain trouble”; A dive of fear as he smashes into a rock and hurts his head and jaw. The 25-year-old was later released from hospital with eight stitches.
– However, the good news for Napoli is that he will return to training on Tuesday.
– “Beautiful Fiorentina”; Giuseppe Rossi finds the net in Viola’s 2-1 win over Catania at the Artemio Franchi on Monday night, and promises that he will “return to what I was before”.
– AC Milan are chasing Alessandro Matri after reports claim Massimiliano Allegri and Adriano Galliani have agreed to sign him. The Juventus striker will be a “euro gift” for the Champions League if the Rossoneri qualify.
– The pink paper expect an answer to the Samuel Eto’o saga tomorrow, with both Chelsea and Inter still holding an interest.
– “What fear for Higuain!”; Accident in Capri for Napoli striker as he slips and hurts his jaw with the cut requiring 10 stitches.
– However, he will be available for the game against Chievo as coach Rafa Benitez looks to pick up another win.
– Meanwhile, fellow Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne has signed a renewal with the club and will now stay until 2018.
– “Welcome back Rossi”, while Inter are set to receive €200m thanks to a new 10-year sponsorship deal with Nike.
– Corriere dello Sport also reporting that Milan are ready to move for Alessandro Matri once they have confirmed their place in the Champions League.
– “Llorente: What hunger!”; Juventus boss Antonio Conte fires the Spanish striker up for Lazio as he believes the Spaniard is ready.
– Alessandro Matri could complete a switch to Milan, but only for cash.
– Meanwhile, Juventus have continued their attempts to sign Napoli winger Juan Zuniga, with Tuttosport believing that the only thing remaining is an agreement on wages.
– Fear for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain as he slips in Capri and ends up in hospital.
– It rains millions for Inter thanks to a new sponsorship deal with Nike. Agreement set for 10 years with the Nerazzurri likely to earn around €200m.