Matri set to lead the line for Milan with Balotelli against Celtic.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Juventus are held in Copenhagen while AC Milan prepare for Celtic.
– ‘What a waste Juve’; The Bianconeri go a goal down against Copenhagen, they create 11 scoring opportunities but they stop at Fabio Quagliarella’s equaliser.
– Coach Antonio Conte bemoans his side’s lack of cutting edge, emphasising the fact that creating chances is not enough and that Juve needed to put the ball in the back of the net.
– Mario Balotelli and Alessandro Matri for Euro redemption to banish thoughts as the Italian duo set to lead out an injury ravaged AC Milan against Celtic.
– Meanwhile, Napoli boss Rafa Benitez wants a “spectacular game without fear” as he prepares for the visit of Dortmund.
– Lawyers of Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti and Erick Thohir meet as they continue negotiations over the sale of the club.
– ‘Euro Juve immediately stopped’; Champions League begins, but Juventus secure just a 1-1 draw in their debut at Copenhagen.
– Quagliarella ensures there is no opening night defeat, but it is a missed opportunity.
– AC Milan play the Matri card; “I’ll beat Celtic”.
– Napoli set for exam against Dortmund, Benitez insists that his side are strong and should not fear anyone.
– Inter Milan punished for racist chants as Curva Nord closed for their next home game.
– ‘Enough to bite your hand off’; Juve, errors and misfortune as they are held 1-1 by Copenhagen.
– Another slow start in Europe for Conte’s men, as goalkeeper performs miracles the Bianconeri and Conte have to share the blame but also thank Quagliarella.
– AC Milan: It’s Matri’s turn as the former Juve striker is set to face Celtic again after finding the net against the Scottish champions in last season’s tournament.
– Napoli: The trio of Real threaten Dortmund. Gonzalo Higuain and Jose Callejon in particular are looking to continue their recent goal-scoring form for the visit of the German giants.