Buffon discusses Inter threat ahead of clash this weekend.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the build-up continues ahead of this weekend’s Derby d’Italia between Inter and Juventus.
– ‘Buffon: Watch out’; Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has warned his team-mates ahead of the clash with Inter this weekend that they must be alert if they are to return home with all three points.
– “Inter remind me of Antonio Conte’s first Juve. We have great respect for the Nerazzurri, and we fear them. We have to take them into account for the Scudetto too, but we want a third consecutive title.”
– Gazzetta then discuss the strange soap opera of Walter Mazzarri and Conte, while 24 international players return for the two sides the Bianconeri are pressed more.
– Giovanni Trapattoni leaves the Republic of Ireland job, but insists that he is not ready to retire yet.
– Italy split between two beaches, as Cesare Prandelli begins plans and preparations for their stay in Brazil next summer. He prefers an isolated location 105km from Rio.
– Napoli boss Rafa Benitez believes that if Gareth Bale is worth €100m, then midfielder Marek Hamsik is priceless.
– AC Milan emergency in defence, with numerous injuries midfielder Andrea Poli may be forced to play as a full-back.
– ‘Moratti’s last game’; Saturday’s big game between Inter-Juve will be the most felt by Nerazzurri president Massimo Moratti who will then leave as an era ends.
– Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon believes that “they’ll make us suffer”.
– Meanwhile, Lazio president Claudio Lotito has attacked the club’s supporters and told them “that’s enough” after on-going protests at the failed bid to sign Burak Yilmaz.
– Roma striker Mattia Destro has told the club’s supporters that he is ready.
– The Czech Republic are hoping to convince former Giallorossi boss Zdenek Zeman to take charge of the national squad, and this time he is tempted.
– ‘Juve beat Inter 8-3’; In a game of one against one, great protagonists of the past see the Bianconeri as the clear favourites for Saturday’s meeting at the San Siro.
– The most eagerly anticipated duel of the game is one which pits Rodrigo Palacio against compatriot Carlos Tevez, with both strikers hoping to lead their respective teams to victory.
– Meanwhile, Juventus legend Gigi Buffon wants to “rewrite history” with the club, while Napoli boss Rafa Benitez believes in the Scudetto.
– AC Milan full-back Cristian Zaccardo is likely to start against Torino this weekend due to injuries, and says he will prove that he is worthy of the club.