Weekend build-up continues with Fiorentina facing Juve.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Andrea Agnelli causes early controversy with joke about Inter Milan’s ‘cardboard title’.
– ‘Have you heard the one about Jakartone?’ – President Andrea Agnelli, after having warned Massimo Moratti, jokes on Facebook about the Indonesian Inter Milan by remembering the cardboard Scudetti.
– The clubs remain friends, but the fans have not taken kindly to the joke and are unleashed on the web.
– Maradona in the home of Gazzetta. Argentinian returns to Italy after eight months away.
– Giuseppe Rossi peppers Fiorentina. “I dream of a goal to beat Juventus”. However, he admits that midfielder Andrea Pirlo is a problem but that his club are aiming for the Champions League this season.
– AC Milan go into ritiro, and in the meantime, Pippo Inzaghi’s Primavera side beat Massimiliano Allegri’s senior squad.
– Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis cheers from the USA; “We are a Scudetto team”. Meanwhile, former goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctic insists that Roma are “the best with a super defence”.
– For Cesare Prandelli there is the risk of Brazil and Holland at the World Cup, but…
– ‘Agnelli provokes Thohir!’ – Juve President, via Facebook, jokes over the 2006 Scudetto. “The capital of Indonesia? Jakartone…”
– The Inter fans furiously respond. Meanwhile, Borja Valero challenges Juve: “Fiorentina, I want to win”.
– Rudi Garcia and Rafa Benitez; record statistics. Roma-Napoli on Friday night, it could be a 200th win for Rudi.
– Rafa has never been better, not even with Valencia who went on to be champions.
– Milan always lose; Allegri’s team are also beaten by Inzaghi’s Primavera side.
– The plane from Naples does not take off, Mario Balotelli loses his head. He argues with a fan and heads from Rome by car.
– ‘Everything on Llorente'; Fabio Quagliarella KO, Mirko Vucinic doesn’t recover in time.
– Agnelli joke about Thohir: “From Jakarta to Jakartone…” The Indonesian capital and the Scudetto assigned to Inter.
– Milan storm, even Inzaghi puts Allegri in trouble as the youngsters beat the senior players 1-0.
– Walter Mazzarri; the first objective is to keep Inter, while Torino boss Giampiero Ventura insists “for me Toro is like life”.