Balotelli back from suspension and set to return in Turin.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Mario Balotelli is set to lead Italy against the Czech Republic with a win taking them to Rio.
– ‘Italy match point’; If the Azzurri can beat the Czech Republic in Turin on Tuesday night, then they will clinch their place in Brazil with two games to spare – something that has never happened before.
– Gazzetta claim that Emanuele Giaccherini and Antonio Candreva will support Mario Balotelli up-front.
– Meanwhile, Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi is likely to take his place in the centre of a three-man defence.
– Elsewhere, both Holland and Germany are also close to Rio, but Roy Hodgson and England are at risk as they prepare to face Ukraine.
– Two goals and a victory as the Italy Under-21 side is relaunched following their opening defeat to Belgium last week.
– Injury news for AC Milan as promising youngster Mattia De Sciglio is ruled out for two months as he requires knee surgery. He is most likely to be replaced by Cristian Zaccardo.
– ‘Take us to Rio, Mario!’; Mario Balotelli to lead Italy in Turin against the Czech Republic, and if the Azzurri win they will have already qualified for the World Cup.
– Meanwhile, the Azzurrini struggle but wake up for their 2-0 win over Cyprus.
– A great side that is free in June; Corriere list a team of players including Andrea Pirlo and Juan Zuniga who are set to see their current deals expire at the end of the season.
– Kevin-Prince Boateng shock accusation, with claims that he left Italy because of the racism and AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi personally spoke with him and allowed him to leave.
– ‘Hello, is Llorente there?’; With Juventus set to face Inter on Saturday, coach Antonio Conte is waiting for an answer on whether the Spaniard is ready to play.
– Mirko Vucinic is at risk for the clash at San Siro, and so Conte is contemplating handing Fabio Quagliarella a starting place in the line-up.
– Injured midfielder Claudio Marchisio says it “would be better to freeze Inter straight away”.
– ‘Here Turin, Rio to you’; Italy-Czech Republic at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday night, and it is worth the World Cup.
– AC Milan in pieces on the flanks as Mattia De Sciglio set for knee surgery while Ignazio Abate ruled out for 8-10 days with adductor injury.