Rossi scores first goal in two years for the national side.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy, with reaction to the Azzurri’s 2-2 draw with Nigeria at Craven Cottage on Monday night.
– ‘An Italy that produces is OK’.
– Two positive responses for Cesare Prandelli – the Mario Balotelli and Giuseppe Rossi (immediately on the scoresheet) partnership and the midfield.
– This time not only possession, but lots of dangerous opportunities. Emanuele Giaccherini equalises, but the defence needs to be looked at again after a shaky display.
– Euro 2015: The Under-21s look for a feat in Serbia.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Cristiano Ronaldo: One out. And what goosebumps for Franck Ribery.
– Sweden must come back from the 1-0 suffered in Portugal, France the 2-0 in Ukraine.
– There is reason to tremble.
– The Alfano recipe: “New stadiums which are more accessible”.
– Antonio Conte, an award in Dubai. But he gets anxious about Juventus.
– Erick Thohir: “I’ll invest in January”. The Inter Milan owner: “I’m focusing on talents and I want to sign them immediately”.
– Walter Mazzarri: “Ready to extend”.
– ‘Yes, here is the World Cup partnership’.
– Balotelli sets up Rossi goal: A show. But Nigeria stop Italy (2-2).
– Giaccherini scores, then two posts.
– The Italy Under-21s in Serbia to take the European Championship.
– France, Ibra, Ronaldo – it is the night of truth. World Cup play-offs: Ribery in the balance, Sweden-Portugal duel.
– AC Milan revolution in defence. Only Philippe Mexes is sure to stay. Christian Zaccardo, Christian Zapata and Jerson Vergara to go.
– Napoli and Blaise Matuidi already in talks – and Bacary Sagna pops up.
– Meeting with Thohir for the Inter of the future, there is a new CEO.
– Milan will pay off Adriano Galliani at Christmas.Talks over a golden handshake for the CEO which needs to be approved in the budget that ends December 31.
– Daniele Prade in pole position to be the new Sporting Director. Confirmation of Paolo Maldini at the club.
– Italy 2-2 Nigeria. Infallible Pepito, touch of class from Andrea Pirlo.
– Tonight the return legs of the World Cup play-offs. France and Sweden, a feat is needed against Ukraine and Portugal.
– Roberto Mancini exclusive: “Conte, I’ll give you an inferno”,.
– Toro, Cairo promises: “Cerci to leave in January? No, I’ll keep him”.
– New Inter. Mazzarri: “I’m ready to renew my contract”.
– Comment – A new leader for Thohir.
– TV rights – Agnelli-Lotito at year zero.