Former World Cup winners help Azzurri to win over Bulgaria.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the Azzurri take another step closer to reaching the World Cup in Brazil.
– ‘World class Gila and Gigi’; Alberto Gilardino scores while Gianluigi Buffon saves – Italy are now just one step away from Rio.
– The two champions of Berlin decisive as Italy beat Bulgaria 1-0 in Palermo on Friday night.
– Coach Cesare Prandelli says that his team did well, but they are lacking on fitness levels ahead of facing the Czech Republic, a game in which they know a win will seal their qualification.
– Kaka is set to make his second debut for AC Milan in a friendly in Switzerland with coach Massimiliano Allegri expected to field him in the trequartista role.
– Juventus are reportedly set to offer Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba contract renewals.
– Meanwhile, there is a mystery over Mattia Destro as after spending seven months out with injury the doctors who operated on him accuse each other.
– ‘Brazil, we’re coming’; Italy struggle to beat Bulgaria 1-0, but Azzurri qualify for the World Cup if they beat Czech Republic.
– Alberto Gilardino was decisive as his goal secured all three points, while Gigi Buffon was immense to save his country with some great saves.
– Miroslav Klose described as the “King” after he catches Gerd Muller.
– Carlos Tevez has insisted that he will keep scoring for Juventus, while rival Rodrigo Palacio says that Inter are ready to face the defending champions after the international break.
– There is chaos surrounding Mattia Destro, as Roma accuse the Under-21 medics.
– Carlos Tevez: “I won’t stop now” – Argentinian ace says he wants to continue scoring for the supporters as Juventus look ahead to the Derby d’Italia with Inter.
– ‘Saint Buffon and hitman Gila’ – decisive saves from the goalkeeper as Italy struggle to beat Bulgaria 1-0.
– Report claims that the Juventus squad is now worth a total of €335m, while Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has praised counterpart Antonio Conte for his style of football.
– AC Milan set to face Chiasso in Switzerland on Saturday, where Kaka is expected to make his ‘debut’ after re-joining the club earlier this week.