All the latest transfer rumours, gossip and reaction from Italy.
With pre-season schedules intensifying and transfer rumours continuing to spread, here are all the latest headlines from Italy.
– Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic discusses Inter’s prospects this year. The Slovenian stopper reveals that the coaches are working on the defence ahead of the new season, but the players must change their mentality to understand they are no longer a team of top players.
– AC Milan have drawn PSV in the Champions League play-off qualifying round. Gazzetta report that the two-leg tie is worth €30m, but Mario Balotelli will be there after tests showed no injury to his calf.
– Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain scores his first goal for the club during the 2-1 win over Benfica at the San Paolo on Friday night. Meanwhile midfielder Marek Hamsik signs new deal to extend stay at the club until 2018.
– Former AC Milan boss Arrigo Sacchi warns Serie A clubs that there are too many foreigners in the league as the numbers continue to increase this summer.
– Roma legend Francesco Totti only thinking of his future in the Italian capital amid speculation he could consider other options.
– Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain scores his first goal for the club in 2-1 win over Benfica. Coach Rafa Benitez is satisfied, while Marek Hamsik signs extension.
– Lazio president Claudio Lotito suggests that his side can beat Juventus in the Super Cup next weekend. He also refuses to sell his best players and will offer midfielder Hernanes a new contract amid speculation that their Serie A rivals are interested in the Brazilian playmaker.
– Juventus boss Antonio Conte plans to make midfielder Paul Pogba the club’s future, after the French starlet helped his Under-20 national team to the World Cup this summer.
– Meanwhile, the fans have called for Andrea Pirlo to renew his contract which is set to expire at the end of the season. The Italian international suggested earlier this week he would only sign he still felt important to the club, but it is clear the supporters want him to stay.
– Bianconeri striker Alessandro Matri is closing in on a switch to Napoli after reports suggest a €12m bid has been accepted. He will now take a few days to decide on his future.