Transfer speculation, pre-season reaction and more in latest edition of paper talk.
All the latest headlines from the Italian newspapers with transfer speculation and pre-season results ahead of the new Serie A season.
– Inter suffered a 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid on Saturday, with Gazzetta suggesting that they are still a building site with coach Walter Mazzarri unable to do much against Carlo Ancelotti’s side.
– Meanwhile, a deal is almost complete to sign Chelsea youngster Wallace on loan but Los Angeles Galaxy are also reportedly interested in signing striker Samuel Eto’o.
– With Alessandro Matri set for Napoli, AC Milan have looked at the possibility of a return to the club for Roma striker Marco Borriello.
– Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has been impressed by Gonzalo Higuain thus far, but is also hoping to land Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel before the new season starts.
– Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti “teaches Inter a lesson” after their 3-0 pre-season friendly win with former Rossonero Kaka finding the net.
– As a result, Inter coach Walter Mazzarri is expected to re-enter the market for reinforcements ahead of the new season with midfielder Fernando at the top of his list.
– Lazio striker Miroslav Klose seals 1-0 win over Crystal Palace as the club continue their preparations for next weekend’s Super Cup clash with Juventus.
– Italy boss Cesare Prandelli is looking for another Antonio Cassano to provide the creative flair in his side ahead of the World Cup qualifiers.
– “Now for Zuniga!” Juventus ready to push for move to sign Napoli winger Juan Zuniga, but if that fails then they could look at Parma ace Jonathan Biabiany.
– Inter take a real hammering against Real Madrid with Ancelotti crushing Mazzarri’s men 3-0 in the USA.
– AC Milan look to find a back-up striker to Mario Balotelli, with Bayern Munich star Claudio Pizarro in pole position to join the club.
– Gennaro Gattuso is excited ahead of his debut as the coach of Serie B side Palermo, with the club looking for an immediate return to Italy’s top flight next season.