Higuain interview dominates front pages as he prepares for new season.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy, including build-up to the new Serie A season and a round-up of the transfer gossip.
– “Higuain takes on Cavani!”; Exclusive interview with the Argentinian – “Edinson made history for the goals he scored, I want to write it with victories. Like Maradona, my idol. I believe in the Scudetto and we’ll be competitive in the Champions League.”
– There are fears ahead of the season opener between Hellas Verona and AC Milan that racism will be a problem, with the mayor of the city warning Mario Balotelli “not to provoke” the crowd.
– Inter overtake competition in bid to sign former striker Samuel Eto’o. The key is a two-year deal while reports claim Alessandro Matri is another option.
– Fiorentina defeat Grasshopper 2-1 in Zurich, while Udinese sink at home and are defeated 3-1 in their Europa League qualifier.
– Higuain calls Maradona. Napoli want the Scudetto and the Argentinian striker is already a leader.
– The 25-year-old calls Napoli legend, and is believed to have said that the title has been missing from the city for too long and will put everything into winning the championship this year.
– Season preview special with the squads of all 20 Serie A clubs, systems, numbers and records.
– Roma ace Marquinho linked with Juventus, while Roma could enter the race to sign Adem Ljajic with Erik Lamela set to join Tottenham.
– Changes made to Serie B, with seventh and eighth placed teams also in the race for promotion.
– “Juve: Only Zuniga” – Marquinho is the alternative in the hands of director general Beppe Marotta, but the preference remains the Colombian ace.
– AC Milan linked with move for Cagliari defender Davide Astori, while further coverage is provided of the Verona mayor warning Balotelli not to provoke the crowd on Saturday.
– The money for Inter’s move for Samuel Eto’o will come from the sale of several bit-part players, while Massimiliano Allegri and Walter Mazzarri fight over Alessandro Matri.
– Tuttosport laud Fiorentina for their win in Zurich but also believe it was a great shame for an unlucky Udinese who appear to be on the brink of crashing out of the competition.