Italian Super Cup dominates front pages as Lazio-Juve prepare for battle.
All the latest headlines ahead of the Italian Super Cup between Lazio and Juventus and the latest transfer rumours concerning Serie A’s top clubs.
– Italian Super Cup set for the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday, with Carlos Tevez and Miroslav Klose both promising goals in the season opener.
– While the Argentinian seeks more trophies, the German ace looks for his first goal against the Bianconeri.
– AC Milan are optimistic ahead of their PSV clash, with Mario Balotelli expected to be passed fit as he scores twice in a pre-season friendly.
– Meanwhile, the Dutch giants sealed 3-0 win on Saturday although there are claims that they could suffer on the counter-attack.
– Inter seal win under Walter Mazzarri while Antonio Cassano guides Parma to Coppa Italia victory.
– Roma boss Rudi Garcia faces a fitness concern ahead of the new season after new signing Kevin Strootman suffered an ankle injury in the 2-1 win over Ternana.
– Juve-Lazio; a night of champions. Tevez against Klose for the first trophy of the season as the two meet for the Super Cup.
– Antonio Conte says he has “blind faith” in his players while Vladimir Petkovic believes his side can win.
– However, there is controversy ahead of the game as Roma supporters are furious that the Juventus squad were allowed to train at Trigoria.
– Napoli reach an agreement with Cagliari over the signing of defender Davide Astori.
– Super Cup at the Olimpico, Tevez against Klose for a possible duel for the decisive goal.
– Petkovic says he is betting on Hernanes as the Brazilian looks set to play an integral role for the club this season after transfer speculation over the summer.
– Sampdoria, Bologna, Chievo and Parma through to the next round of the Coppa Italia, but Genoa crash out to Spezia on penalties.