Latest transfer rumours and match reaction from Italy.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the season draws closer with more transfer speculation and pre-season reaction.
– Michel Platini visits old club Juventus after seeing the tomb of the Avvocato, greeting directors and the squad.
– Owner John Elkann claims the club can target a third league title in a row and the Champions League this season.
– Meanwhile, AC Milan captain Riccardo Montolivo suggests that the Rossoneri are worthy of the Scudetto as they are now more of a team than last year.
– Adriano Galliani has not yet given up on signing CSKA Moscow playmaker Keisuke Honda, and will make a “final sprint” to see if the club can sign him before the start of the season.
– How Serie A clubs will adopt a three-man defence next season, with 8 out of 20 using the system to start the new campaign.
– Napoli negotiate for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo. The Brazilian international expected to leave the champions of Europe this summer, and the Partenopei have entered the race for his signature.
– Roma coach Rudi Garcia furious with his players as he questions their mentality ahead of the new season.
– Alarm bells sound in Florence as Viola are defeated 3-0 by Sporting Lisbon. With the season fast approaching, Vincenzo Montella’s men have slipped up in their recent games.
– Juventus owner John Elkann tells supporters they can dream as he kick-starts the enthusiasm ahead of the new campaign.
– Antonio Conte sees Juventus A side defeat team B made of the club’s youth team 4-1 with Carlos Tevez delighting the supporters with a great goal.
– Elkann says club will target both the Scudetto and the Champions League this season.
– AC Milan in sprint for Fiorentina starlet Adem Ljajic. Vice-president Adriano Galliani anxiously awaits the meeting between the club and the Serbian while it could also be an important week for Keisuke Honda.