Partenopei send San Paolo wild with win over Dortmund.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Napoli secure a win over Dortmund at the San Paolo while AC Milan defeat Celtic.
– ‘Napoli, a feat of a giant’; Rafa Benitez’s boys unleashed as they beat vice-champions Dortmund to send the San Paolo wild.
– Goals from Gonzalo Higuain and Lorenzo Insigne, with the latter sweeping in a free-kick reminiscent of Maradona.
– The Germans were reduced to ten men as well as seeing coach Jurgen Klopp dismissed.
– Meanwhile, AC Milan show heart and produce goals to overcome Celtic. The Rossoneri struggle as they risked defeat against the Scottish champions.
– However, Cristian Zapata banished the nightmare in the 82nd minute with a deflected shot, before Sulley Muntari made sure of the win to make it 2-0.
– Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri said: “We were limited, we needed a night like this”.
– In the footsteps of giants. Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti is expected to meet with Erick Thohir in Paris to close the takeover deal.
– ‘Fly Napoli, fly!’; Fantastic Azzurri achievement in the Champions League, as Higuain and Insigne lead Napoli to a 2-1 win over Dortmund.
– Milan defeat Celtic 2-0 at the San Siro, but it was the signal to Europe from San Paolo which has made the biggest impression after week one of the Champions League.
– ‘Fiorentina and Lazio, it’s over to you’; the Serie A duo are in Europa League action on Thursday night taking on Pacos Ferreira and Legia Warsaw respectively.
– ‘Is he only beautiful?’; Fernando Llorente has disappeared, but Juventus have the need for goals.
– Meanwhile, defender Leonardo Bonucci says the Bianconeri need “anger and nastiness” as they look to bounce back from the disappointing draw against FC Copenhagen.
– A dream-like Napoli, and a sweet ending for Milan.
– Monday will be Thohir day as he looks to complete takeover deal of Inter Milan.