Azzurri struggle and miss out on top seeding for WC draw.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Massimo Moratti sells Inter Milan to wealthy Indonesian businessman, Erick Thohir.
– ‘ThoInter’; White smoke, as the Nerazzurro club is sold – An era comes to an end after 18 and a half years. However, Massimo Moratti insists that he “will not leave” as he could stay on as President.
– The announcement came on Tuesday at 11.25, with 70 per cent going to Thohir for €250m.
– “I have a thousand emotions, they are great people. The fans should not expect signings like Gareth Bale. I would have won more titles with Eric Cantona.”
– Italy goosebumps; Only a 2-2 draw with Armenia puts their top seed at risk for the World Cup.
– Mario Balotelli comes on in the 54th minute and scores, however he chooses not to speak to the media after the game; “You speak badly of me, I score goals”.
– Fabio Capello and Roy Hodgson yes, Fatih Terim stays at home.
– Meanwhile, Ibra, Ronaldo and Ribery – everyone to the play-offs.
– AC Milan into ritiro. Adriano Galliani harangues the squad.
– Official: Inter to Thohir – Moratti, the end of an era. The club is sold for €250m but the Italian patron claims that he will stay on as President.
– Roberto Mancini: “An act of love. He really is the greatest”. From Angelo to Massimo, so many triumphs, but now the new wind which comes from the orient.
– Italy finish with their heads held low. Qualification, but an ugly draw with Armenia as Alessandro Florenzi and Mario Balotelli seal double comeback (2-2).
– Napoli are anxious over Gonzalo Higuain ahead of Friday’s clash with Roma, while there is high tension at AC Milan as they are put in ritiro.
– ‘Mister of Italy’; Antonio Conte and Vincenzo Montella – what a battle. Fiorentina-Juventus lives off the duel between the two coaches that have brought a breath of fresh air to our game.
– A probe by our experts to look into their secrets.
– Balotelli scores for Italy and saves us from an embarrassment against Armenia on Tuesday night. It ends 2-2 at the San Paolo, but top seed placing is at risk.
– Spain, England, Russia and Bosnia also at the World Cup. France and the surprising Iceland to the play-offs.
– It is Thoh-Inter, it is up to Torino to baptise them. Agreement is signed between two for 70 per cent of the club.
– Sunday night debut at the Olimpico against the Granata for the newly owned Inter.
– Roma boss Rudi Garcia is looking for winning ideas, while Napoli coach Rafa Benitez is confident that Higuain will be fit for Friday night’s clash.