Argentinian welcomes tests against Barca and Madrid.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Diego Simeone has an exclusive chat with Marca, while Gareth Bale returns to Real Madrid training.
– “La Liga is life”; says Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simone. “I work to win, not so they talk about me. I would play against Real Madrid and Barcelona any day.”
– “You always need character to win more than having to play well,” he continues.
– The competition for number 9. Karim Benzema and Alvaro Morata return for Real Madrid after scoring two goals each.
– “It has been the most difficult stage of my career”, says the French striker.
– Bernd Schuster: “My departure from Madrid was not so glorious, but I still left with Barcelona making us a corridor” as the capital club finished the season as champions.
– Camp Nou hopes for Mat Hummels. The defender is free to go in 2014 for €35m.
– Gareth Bale trains with the group. Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti wants him for Malaga while he ponders Juventus and Barcelona.
– Former Madrid defender Fernando Hierro: “I played my whole career with a protrusion”.
– The FEF ask Diego Costa to clarify his position. Meanwhile, the Spain fans prefer Negredo with 62 per cent of the votes.
– Barcelona president Sandro Rosell: “I do not want them to say that I killed the young children’s dream”. He claims it is due to security for the young that they are no longer allowed entry into the stadium.
– “Iniesta is worthy of a Balon d’Or,” says former Barcelona midfielder Deco.
– “Rijkaard is the most honest bloke I have known in football”, while the former Portuguese international also claims that “everything is a lie, the players go out at night”.
– Survey by the clubs after Barca’s decision to not allow young kids into the stadium for the Clasico.
– Hummels is allowed to leave. Dortmund will permit the defender to sign for Barca.
– ‘The incredible Alexis'; Sanchez was fundamental to Chile’s successful qualification campaign.