World Cup play-offs could be last chance for Portuguese star.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as debate continues over whether Cristiano Ronaldo deserves the Balon d’Or.
– ‘Totally Red’. Spain will wear all red in Brazil. The shirt, the pants and socks are all red for the first ever time at a World Cup.
– With this strip we beat France in a key game during qualification.
– Xavi and Iker Casillas will promote the new jersey.
– Meanwhile, Aitor Karanka signs for three years with Middlesbrough.
– Truths and lies about Lionel Messi’s case. His great tour around the world is a cause of his injury, NO.
– He is looking for someone to look closely over his recovery, YES. There is a mental factor involved, YES.
– CR7 and Ibra, only one can go to Brazil. Just two days to go before Portugal and Sweden.
– Cristiano trains yesterday in the gym.
– A million more for Pepe. Real Madrid’s salary is given an increase.
– Rafa Benitez in Naples: “Football can be beautiful on the counter attack. It pleases me that there are people in Madrid that agree with me”.
– Cristiano and Franck Ribery in the challenge for the World Cup.
– In one week they will play in the play-offs to progress to Brazil 2014 and FIFA’s major trophy. The play-off is the last great showcase ahead of the Balon d’Or award.
– Dani Alves: “Neymar is prepared to assume the place left by Messi”.
– Caminero and Simeone consider transfers in January for Oliver and Leo Baptistao.
– Karanka signs for Middlesbrough. He signs for the club that is 16th in the English second division for two years and a half years.
– Barcelona’s new shirts for 2014-15.
– Victor Valdes: “Messi is God”.
– Leo: “Thanks to everyone who have supported me”.
– Tito Vilanova, a regular at Camp Nou. The former coach has attended games against Real Madrid, Espanyol and Milan.
– He also talks regularly with Xavi and others around the club.
– Real Madrid: The team ask for higher wages.
– Football: An emotional homage to Fernando Caceres.