Atleti face daunting task but have the Calderon to rely on.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Atletico Madrid will hope to produce an unlikely comeback when they face city rivals Real Madrid.
– The Penultimate Test.
– Atletico to try and hold their fortress at the Calderon as they dream of a comeback. Carlo Ancelotti gives no guarantees.
– Raphael Varane will play.
– Diego Simeone turns to his more favoured players but Diego keeps his place. Cerezo: “It would not be the first time that we have put three past Real Madrid”.
– Three goals to take him to the top. Lionel Messi will overtake Raul and Di Stefano on the list of La Liga’s all-time highest goalscorers.
– Nikola Mirotic: “It would give me pain if I were to leave without a Euroliga”.
– Pep has a good shot at beating 40 Bayern records.
– Iker Casillas up against it. Madrid are counting on their captain to stop Atletico.
– Cristiano returns. Diego Costa and Courtois missing.
– Last night there were 3800 tickets still to be sold.
– The Teixeira Vitienes create social unrest. The two referees, brothers, create a scandal because of their errors.
– Messi threatens to overtake Di Stefano and Raul.
– The Government wants to stop television piracy with penal punishment.
– Messi going for the top record. Leo is two goals from beating Zarra’s record of 335 goals in all competitions.
– Atletico believe in a comeback. Pepe, Ramos and Jese, on yellow card away from suspension.
– Neymar trains with the group. Alexis is the second highest goalscorer in Europe.
– Bartomeu names Arroyo and Mestres as vice-presidents.
– Toni Freixa leaves his post as spokesman.
– Eibrar are leaders for the first time in nine years.
– Sochi: The girls win the right to fly.