Pedro secures victory but Diego Costa disappoints on debut.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as La Roja secure a 1-0 win over Italy and are receive praise for their dominant performance.
– ‘Blind Confidence’.
– Spain account for Italy as they continue their march to the World Cup. Intensity in the centre, speed up front and discipline at the back; it was a show of authority.
– A great Pedro sealed victory.
– Diego Costa, more enthusiasm than effect.
– Lionel Messi vomits again: It is not the first time this has happened to him and he played 90 minutes.
– CR7 becomes Portugal’s greatest ever goal-scorer. He scored and now has 49 goals for his country, a new record.
– A walk in the park for Brazil as Neymar bags a hat-trick.
– Our rivals at the World Cup.
– France 2-0 Holland: Karim Benzema undoes ‘clockwork orange’. Germany 1-0 Chile: The Chileans deserved more.
– Ecuador 4-3 Australia: A collapse by Australia, who were winning 3-0 after 32 minutes.
– Just how Luis Aragones used to say, Happy without having to push too hard.
– Diego Costa debuts but does not shine, Pedro gets the winner.
– Jose Mourinho in Esquire: “Madrid’s players used to line up in front of the mirror”.
– Three games for Mono Burgos: Atletico to appeal.
– The Supreme Court accuse Cardenal of meddling with affairs.
– The Supreme Court, Clean Hands and judges for democracy criticise him for meddling with the Neymar Case.
– ‘Like champions’.
– La Roja, who were black yesterday, recovered their form and played to their best.
– Andres Iniesta, Jordi Alba shone, Pedro was dangerous and scored the winner.
– A vital summit ahead. Bartomeu, Martino, Zubi and Mestre have to build a Barca without Puyol and Valdes, discuss Tata’s continuity in the role, who to sign in central defence and who to replace Valdes are the important matters.
– Real Madrid: 15 club members to sue Florentino Perez. It could endanger his cosy position as club president.
– Neymar gets a hat-trick. Messi’s enthusiasm to return was not enough.