Madrid begin compiling list of targets for next summer.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as the Gareth Bale injury saga goes on after Real Madrid admit to back problem.
– ‘Jackson interest'; Real Madrid have asked about Porto’s No.9. The Colombian was Pichichi in Portugal last year with 26 goals and attracted a great deal of interest around Europe.
– He joins the list for next season that includes the likes of Falcao, Luis Suarez and Robert Lewandowski.
– However, Madrid have ruled out signing a new striker in January.
– On the road to Monaco; Victor Valdes admits that the Principality club “would be a good option”.
– Diego Godin until 2017; the defender will extend his contract and Raul Garcia will follow.
– Swansea ace Michu now believes in himself: “Two years ago nobody wanted me and now I’m with the best players in the world”.
– Meanwhile, Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque is thinking of lining up Jesus Navas and just three defenders to combat Georgia’s locked defence.
– ‘Balegate'; The English press debate the Welshman’s back. Daily Mirror suggest that he will need surgery to fix the problem.
– The Daily Telegraph report that the “world’s most expensive player is suffering from a chronic injury”.
– Daily Mail: “Madrid could have made a mistake” while the BBC also suggest that he “may need an operation”.
– Alert over Cristiano Ronaldo if he needs to go to the play-offs with Portugal to reach the World Cup.
– A full house in Albacete. Stadium was sold out two weeks ago to see Andres Iniesta and La Roja.
– No 1 Ter Stegen; A wink at Barcelona – “First I will speak to Borussia. I want to take things step-by-step”.
– Mundo Deportivo create checklist of his abilities, which include – he knows how to handle the pressure, he has quick reflexes and is useful with his feet and thirdly he is good in one-on-one situations.
– Meanwhile, Valdes suggests that he could be heading to Monaco.
– Interview with Del Bosque; “In football, there does not just exist one style”.
– Real Madrid; In 1991, Robert Prosinecki began a list of ‘injured’ signings.