Ronaldo and Bale also shine for city rivals.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as talk is dominated by the Madrid clubs and their prolific attacking duos.
– ‘The marvellous duo’.
– El Guaje [David Villa] and Diego Costa again score for Atletico Madrid.
– An exhibition from El Cholo’s [Diego Simeone’s] side against a poor Athletic Bilbao that did not show up.
– Adrian returns to the starting lineup and reconciles with the Calderon.
– The best Cristiano Ronaldo ever. His start to the season has been a record; 20 goals in 15 games for Real Madrid.
– At this rate, he will hunt down Raul’s record in 14 months time.
– A wondergoal from Pabon takes Valencia out of the woods.
– Real Madrid has two thunders.
– Cristiano and Gareth Bale have scored seven of the team’s last ten goals as they put to rest early doubts over system and compatibility.
– However, tomorrow they face Juventus and Englishman Howard Webb is to referee.
– Iker Casillas, Xabi Alonso and Raphael Varane will all start.
– Atletico Madrid are still stalking Barcelona.
– Villa scores his fourth goal in three games and Costa equals Cristiano with his thirteenth goal of the season.
– Liverpool goalkepeer Pepe Reina costs €5 million.
– Pepe has a pact with Liverpool that could enable him to leave for Barcelona at the end of the season when his current loan spell at Napoli ends.
– It is a real bargain because Barca could even pay his fee in two instalments.
– Outstanding Tata Martino; 51 per cent of Barca fans approve of him so far after impressive start to the season.
– Villa and Costa score again for Atletico Madrid.