Late Costa goal gives La Liga side advantage ahead of home leg.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain with all the reaction to Atletico Madrid’s win over AC Milan at San Siro on Wednesday night.
– Atleti, how great you are!
– Atletico take down one of the temples of the Champions League with a lesson in gusto and professionalism.
– Thibaut Courtois made one crucial save at 0-0. Diego Costa; “Everyone doubted us after three losses, but we never did”.
– Carlo, an open heart. Ancelotti talks about each one of his players and his idea of football.
– Carlo on Casillas: “If we get to the final of the Champions League, we will see if he plays in La Liga”.
– Carlo on Jese: “I did not know him and I have been surprised by his coldness” “I speak to the players in Spanish about football, and tell them off in Italian”.
– €600 for the lighter that was thrown at El Madrigal and €2000 for showing off this camiseta.
– The fine given to Jona, a Jaen player, who wore a shirt to support children with cancer, shows up an embarrassing system.
– The tax office asks Barca to show where €9.1m has gone.
– Valencia change Kiev for Nicosia.
– European greats.
– Atletico and Diego Costa take out the San Siro. The scorer: “People doubted us, but we never did, we are strong”.
– A great save from Courtois.
– “Casillas could play a game in La Liga” Ancelotti.
– Ancelotti could return him to league action if Madrid make the Champions League final.
– The tax office ask Barca about some lost funds. It is considered the club cheated €9.1m in the signing of Neymar.
– Bayern sow fear. Ozil misses a penalty to make it 1-0.
– Valencia do not travel to Ukraine but Cyprus instead.
– Rakitic celebrates his contract renewal.
– Rotations and little interest in the game with Betis.
– Del Bosque: “In Spain the opinion is that I should not leave”.
– This is the way.
– Tata has got a formula that allows the players to express themselves. Martino has won the respect for his work and victories.
– Diego Costa, decisive again.
– Arsenal 0-2 Bayern: Pep’s team take advantage of the Gunners who finished with 10 men with Kroos starring.
– Kiev and Valencia to be played in Nicosia.