Argentinian star feels persecuted by press and club has not defended him.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria defends himself against controversy after making gesture at Bernabeu at the weekend.
– ‘Disturbed’. Angel Di Maria feels persecuted by the Press and the club has distanced itself from him.
– He has been criticised despite apologising.
– He maintains his version over the gesture made even though he knows that the fans are not buying it.
– Morata: Liverpool also want him but Madrid do not want to negotiate.
– Too much noise. The racket has made Xabi Alonso uncomfortable.
– A gigantic Courtois halts a crazy Valencia. A great game where the goalkeeper was colossal against a rival that continues to grow in stature under Pizzi.
– The return of King Leo. He will play some minutes but the starting attacking trio will be Alexis, Tello and Neymar.
– Ronald Koeman:: “‘Pep’s team’ was better than the Dream Team”.
– Di Maria defends himself.
– “It seems that I have to continually clarify something. When other make such a gesture, nobody asks anything”.
– “Always they come at me when it is me. If there is anyone who felt offended, then I am sorry”.
– Madrid opens up an investigation into the player’s gesture.
– A great exhibition by Courtois. Only Postiga could beat the Belgian in the 93rd minute.
– Raul Garcia made it 0-1.
– Lionel Messi returns after 59 days.
– Luis Garcia: “We will be alert, even without him they could score many”.
– ‘A Cup and Messi’.
– The star receives the all-clear from the medics after 58 days and today will feature against Getafe.
– In the last ten years, Barca have never lost when Leo has returned to the team.
– Martino: “Messi feels good. He only needs to play”.
– Messi, Neymar and Alexis, the forward line most preferred.
– Leo to attend the Balon d’Or gala on Jan 13.
– Madrid open up an investigation into Di Maria. The Argentine has provoked a furore and does not discard leaving in the summer.