Rossoneri await the return of their former Brazilian star.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy with reaction to the weekend’s results as well as all the gossip ahead of the transfer deadline.
– ‘Milan, three cheers for Kaka’; The Rossoneri seal win over Cagliari with goals from Robinho, Philippe Mexes and Mario Balotelli at the San Siro on Sunday night.
– There was a debut in the second half for new signing Alessandro Matri, but the big news is from Madrid where Kaka has reached an agreement with his former club and will arrive in Italy on Monday to complete his medical and sign his contract.
– ‘Mazzarri cure’; Inter Milan triumph at Catania, the Nerazzurri have maximum points and have an iron defence after keeping their second consecutive clean sheet.
– ‘Super Fiorentina’; magic braces from Giuseppe Rossi and Mario Gomez in 5-2 win over Genoa, while there is a spectacle in Rome as Ljajic scores on his debut for the Giallorossi.
– ‘Roma, Inter and Viola – here we are!’
– Great response from the remainder of the big clubs to the wins for Napoli and Juventus on Saturday, as it rains goals in Serie A with five teams on maximum points after two games.
– Adem Ljajic comes on and scores on his Roma debut as there is a ‘total party’ at the Stadio Olimpico with Rudi Garcia overseeing an impressive performance.
– An iron defence for Inter Milan, as they sit level with Antonio Conte and Juventus.
– A double each for GIuseppe Rossi and Mario Gomez – ‘what a show’ as Fiorentina impress away at Genoa with a 5-2 win.
– However, it’s Roma’s Miralem Pjanic who receives the biggest applause of the weekend for his wonderful chip against Hellas Verona.
– ‘Milan, Kaka returns’; but there is a Stephan El Shaarawy problem as speculation suggests that he could be on his way out of the club before the deadline.
– With the Brazilian returning, pressure is on to hold down a spot in the starting line-up, while Massimiliano Allegri picked Robinho ahead of the youngster for the 3-1 win over Cagliari.
– Juventus eye transfer deadline day signings with Alberto Gilardino and Radja Nainggolan on their shortlist.
– ‘There is Kaka, the Pharoah to leave?’; Milan seal win over Cagliari to pick up their first points of the season, but there is a revolution. Could they be willing to sell Stephan El Shaarawy after the arrival of Kaka?
– Inter fly, while Florence dreams with the Rossi-Gomez partnership.
– ‘Pjanic-Ljajic; what a Roma!’ Duo score great goal each to hand Rudi Garcia victory in his first home game in charge.