Rossoneri now ready to re-enter the transfer market ahead of the deadline.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as AC Milan secure their place in the Champions League group stages and all the latest transfer gossip.
– “Boa and Balo; that’s how you do it!” – AC Milan roll out 3-0 win over PSV, prevailing 4-1 on aggregate and therefore securing their place in the Champions League.
– However, irony from Rossoneri boss Massimiliano Allegri: “Now perhaps I’ll leave” as he threatens to resign but both he and Adriano Galliani later reveal it was merely a joke.
– Now the market; First is the last assault for CSKA Moscow ace Keisuke Honda, then Galliani will attempt to sign Juventus striker Alessandro Matri.
– “Go Fiorentina”; now they need a first goal from striker Mario Gomez, although they are in charge of their Europa League qualifying tie with Grasshopper.
– Erick Thohir is on his way to taking over at Inter, with two Morattis likely to form part of his new board.
– Meanwhile, Nani is an objective for Juventus in 2014, while director general Beppe Marotta rejects approach for striker Fernando Llorente.
– New Roma signing Adem Ljajic is at the immediate disposal of Rudi Garcia, while Tottenham bound Erik Lamela reveals he “hopes to return”.
– “The Allegri case explodes. It’s a “Milan show” against PSV but the coach is still furious as he threatens to resign.
– However, the U-turn later arrived as both he and Adriano Galliani claim it was merely a joke, as he made the scenario up as others in the media like to fabricate stories too.
– Adem Ljajic signs for Roma, he arrives on Wednesday and will be expected to play this weekend.
– Lazio continue negotiations for Galatasaray and Turkey striker Burak Yilmaz, with Corriere confident that a deal can be done.
– “Juve, a vice Pirlo immediately”; Assault for Cagliari midfielder Radja Nainggolan, while Obiang and Krsticic remain alternative options.
– “Milan enjoy, actually no” – Allegri beats PSV and reaches group stages of Champions League but then threatens to resign with the draw set to be made on Thursday evening.
– Genoa want Abel Hernandez from Palermo, while Erick Thohir will discuss the transfer market with Inter’s current board on Thursday.