Ultras unite on stadium situation after Milan ban.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as both AC Milan and Juventus look to strengthen their defences in January.
Image courtesy of La Gazzetta dello Sport.
– ‘Stadium rules change’; No U-turn, but a few adjustments so only the Curva is penalised or the sectors who take part in chants, with the most evident chants receiving punishment.
– Gianni Infantino (UEFA): “We introduced severe regulations, but the FIGC knows how to act”.
– Meanwhile, the Inter Milan ultras show solidarity with their rivals at AC Milan, and want all stadiums banned.
– Paul Pogba exclusive: “This Juventus can beat Real Madrid. We’re better than anyone in Italy.”
– “With the technique of Claudio Marchisio, the aggression of Arturo Vidal and the genius of Andrea Pirlo, I’d be perfect…
– “I adore the Bianconeri and don’t see myself with any other club. Antonio Conte is a real teacher, I couldn’t have asked for better.”
– Inter Milan; this is the day of the signature as Erick Thohir looks to complete his takeover bid by buying 70 per cent of the club, but the last issue is how many members on the Board of Directors.
– Milan take Adil Rami; a giant for the defence.
– Giuseppe Rossi returns to the Italy squad after two years away with injury; “this is my home”.
Image courtesy of Corriere dello Sport.
– Milan: Rami and controversy. The French defender will be snapped up from Valencia for €7m, but he can only play from January.
– Meanwhile, there is also controversy at the club, as the Mayor of Naples attacks Adriano Galliani. Ultras are in revolt, as they come together to suggest that all the stadiums should be closed simultaneously.
– FIGC president Giancarlo Abete: “These rules have existed for years”.
– Rudi Garcia against Rafa Benitez; it’s the battle of nerve as Roma and Napoli prepare to face each other after the international break.
– Juventus; Mauricio Isla out, and a move for Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic.
– The Chilean star will be sold in January after a disappointing spell at the club since his switch from Udinese, so the hunt will begin for a new winger.
– Meanwhile, the Serbian won’t sign for Manchester United so could arrive in June.
– Milan set to reinforce their defence with Rami this winter.
– Inter will bring in two wide men once Thohir completes his takeover bid and will hand Walter Mazzarri funds to sign new players.
– Former Juve boss Marcello Lippi fires up Conte and insists that they can defeat Real Madrid just like his side did a few years ago.