Ferguson is hoping to resume full pre-season training by mid-November, according to The Daily Telegraph.
Biggest AFL trades: We rate the five biggest moves of the AFL trade and free agency period
Ryder Port Adelaide: The Bombers ruckman finally joins the Power after protracted negotiations
Giles Essendon: GWS ruckman joins Bombers as the club prepares for life without Paddy Ryder
NRL bad boy Blake Ferguson is continuing his rehabilitation from a broken ankle in the hope of resuming full pre-season training with the Sydney Roosters by November.
The Daily Telegraph report Ferguson is aiming to being training with the Roosters on November 12, but only if the NRL allow him to re-register.
Ferguson has been at the Roosters in an off-field capacity since the middle of the year and is undergoing counselling in an effort to show his behaviour has improved to warrant another chance in the NRL.
The 24-year-old was found guilty of indecent assault back in June after an incident with a woman in a nightclub, however he was not convicted.
Roosters chief operating officer Brian Canavan said he is pleased with the progress Ferguson has made during his time at the club.
“Fergo has been completely co-operative and compliant,” Canavan told The Daily Telegraph.
“He has not imposed himself on the player group in any way shape or form and he has progressively integrated himself into our club. We’re very happy with his progress.”
NRL integrity officer Nick Weeks said the organisation would consider re-registering Ferguson, but reiterated that no decision had been made as of yet.
“It remains a work in progress but, at the appropriate time, we will consider any contract application put forward for Blake to play in the NRL again,” Weeks said.