Ainge previously admitted talks have begun over extension.
Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo has revealed that he is open to signing an extension and staying with the franchise for the rest of his career.
President of basketball operations, Danny Ainge, revealed this week that the Celtics had begun talks over an extension with Rondo, although he conceded that it will be unlikely any progress will be made until the summer.
Rondo has acknowledged that talks have started, and in positive news for Celtics fans it appears as though he is open to staying with the franchise as they go through a rebuilding process.
“I like to stick to the script,” Rondo said Friday, according to ESPN.
“I don’t like change much. I wouldn’t mind staying here the rest of my career. Things don’t always seem to go that way, but like I said before, it’s just a business. I wouldn’t mind extending another 10 years in Boston.”
When told that Ainge said he would command “star money” on the open market, Rondo replied, “I’m making star money now, really. It’s a pretty good living.”
Rondo has insisted that he will leave his agent to discuss numbers and will concentrate on regaining his fitness as he continues his comeback from an ACL injury.
The 27-year-old missed nearly a year of action due to the tear, but has begun the reintegration process over the past week as he becomes familiar with his new team-mates.
With Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and coach Doc Rivers all leaving Boston last summer, Rondo is the only player left from the team that won a championship in 2008.
His recent statement will be a boost for the franchise as they look to put themselves in a strong position ahead of the summer, where they will continue to rebuild the roster and look to put together a competitive team for years to come.