James returns to Cavs, Rose makes comeback and Spurs ready to defend their title…
The NBA released the 2014-15 regular season schedule on Wednesday, and there is plenty to look forward to as the countdown to the new campaign begins.
The season will open on Tuesday October 28 with the traditional ring night ceremony taking place in San Antonio after the Spurs triumphed in the NBA Finals over the Miami Heat last year.
However, particular highlights of the schedule include a new commissioner Adam Silver responded to requests for a lengthier break after the All-Star Weekend in February, with the players now having a full week off before the season resumes.
There is a significant amount of sub-plots to look out for in the new season, with LeBron James returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers hoping to bring home a championship, while Derrick Rose will make his comeback from a second serious knee injury for the Chicago Bulls.
Ultimately, all teams will play 41 home games and 41 road games between October 28 and April 15, before the post-season begins and a champion will eventually be crowned. However, here are the top 10 must-see games of the new season with respective dates.
2014-15 Schedule Highlights
– Tuesday October 28: San Antonio Spurs host the Dallas Mavericks in traditional ring ceremony game, followed by Kobe Bryant’s return to as the Los Angeles Lakers face Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets.
– Wednesday October 29: Derrick Rose returns as the Chicago Bulls visit the New York Knicks.
– Thursday October 30: LeBron James marks return to Cleveland as the Cavaliers take on the Knicks.
– Friday October 31: A pair of Eastern Conference favourites, the Cavs and the Bulls meet for first of four times, in Chicago.
– Tuesday November 11: Rockets to meet Minnesota Timberwolves in Mexico City.
– Thursday December 11: First LeBron James-Kevin Durant game of season in OKC.
– Thursday December 25: Cleveland-Miami, Bulls-Lakers, Golden State-L.A. Clippers as part of the Christmas Day schedule.