Welshman has just agreed a three-year deal with the Potters.
Stoke City head coach Mark Hughes says that he is determined to be a success in his new role at the Britannia stadium after his failure in charge of Queens Park Rangers, reports BBC Sport Online.
The Welshman, 49, was announced on Thursday as the successor to the recently departed Tony Pulis in the Potters dug-out next season after the latter’s seven-year spell with the club was brought to an abrupt end at the climax to the last season.
And the former Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Chelsea front man says that he intends to use the barrage of criticism that came his way following his sacking by QPR last year to good effect in his new job.
Hughes, 49, spent 18 months at the helm at Loftus Road, steering the west London club to safety in May 2012 only to then be sacked last November after the terrible start that QPR had made to the season, in which the strugglers won just once in that time.
“I have listened to what people have said about my managerial ability and I can assure you I will use that as a motivation,” said Hughes.
“I’ve had something like 270 games as a Premier League manager, but people do tend to look at the last year or so.
“But I don’t regret moving to QPR. A lot of managers have gone in there and found it difficult.”