Montenegrin international said to be open to possibility of staying in Florence.
Fiorentina star Stevan Jovetic has not ruled out the option of staying in Florence next season according to reports in the Italian media.
The 23-year-old had been expected to leave the Viola this summer after speculation suggested a move to either England or Turin was a matter of when not if.
However, poor club relations are said to have soured a move to his preferred destination in Juventus, with Fiorentina refusing to budge from their €30m asking price which is also the Montenegrin’s release clause fee.
As a result, the Premier League appears to Jovetic’s best opportunity of a new start, with Manchester City reportedly making a bid on Tuesday which would satisfy his price-tag.
Nevertheless, according to Corriere dello Sport as reported by football-italia.net, the striker could yet stay with Fiorentina given their transfer activity this summer.
Team-mate Adem Ljajic is currently in contract negotiations with the club and with his current deal set to expire next summer, if an agreement can’t be reached then it is likely that the club will sacrifice him now with Milan interested, rather than losing him for nothing in twelve months time.
While Guiseppe Rossi will also hope to make an impact next season after fully recovering from knee surgery, Jovetic will also be joined by Joaquin and new signing Mario Gomez.
It is understood that the youngster is impressed with the arrivals thus far, and with Fiorentina potentially selling Ljajic, there may no longer be a requirement to sell their most prized asset.
There has yet to be official word from either the player or his representatives on whether there is truth behind the speculation, but if he does decide to stay at the Artemio Franchi next season, the Viola will boast one of the most feared strike-forces in all of Europe.