Hart could be dropped because of his poor form…
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that his first-choice keeper Joe Hart could be dropped for the weekend game against Everton today, reports the Mirror.
Hart was arguably at fault for two of the goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League midweek, and has made a number of well publicised errors in 2013.
“I will decide tomorrow if he will start,” said Pellegrini, who arrived at the Etihad this summer following a spell in charge of Malaga.
“I won’t tell you now if Joe will play, because the players don’t know yet. Tomorrow I will decide.
“Of course, Joe knows he must improve the way he is playing.”
City’s reserve stopper Costel Pantilimon could replace Hart against Roberto Martinez’s impressive Everton side in Saturday’s lunchtime kick of, and the Chilean thinks he is more than ready to come in and do a good job.
“Costel Pantilimon is a very good goalkeeper. He has all the right to play,” said Pellegrini.
“He’s working hard and I’m absolutely sure if it’s tomorrow or in another game that if Pantilimon plays, he will do very well.”
The Romanian impressed during City’s FA Cup run last year, but was dropped for Hart in the final defeat to Wigan Athletic. He has never made a Premier League appearance for the title challengers since arriving from Politehnica Timişoara in 2011.