Argentinian rejects suggestions he let down Galliani and Co.
New Juventus signing Carlos Tevez has hit back at suggestions from AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani that he has “betrayed” the Rossoneri by joining the ‘Old Lady of Italian Football’.
The Argentina international finally agreed to leave Manchester City on Wednesday after four seasons with the mega-rich Premier League club, during which time the forward netted an impressive 73 goals in just 138 appearances in the north west.
However, after a major falling out with previous City head coach Roberto Mancini following Tevez’s refusal to warm up in a Uefa Champions League encounter at Bayern Munich in 2011, the writing was very much on the wall for the 29-year-old.
And now the striker has agreed to put pen to paper on a £7.6 million move to Turin as opposed to moving to San Siro, as had previously been suggested, although Tevez himself took the opportunity of his official unveiling as a Juve player to round on Galliani, who had earlier criticised the Argentinian for not signing for Milan.
“I have met Milan CEO Galliani only two or three times and have no idea why he said I have betrayed him,” said Tevez.