Veteran defender contacted by Louis Van Gaal.
Manchester United have opened talks with former Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho over a shock move to Old Trafford before the end of the transfer window on Monday, according to the Metro.
Read More Chelsea FC News
The 36-year-old is now with French giants Monaco but his agent has been exploring new opportunities for the Portuguese international ahead of All the Premier League done deals so far.” title=”Premier League done deals” target=”_blank”>transfer deadline day.
And now reports in Europe are suggesting that the defender could be in line for a shock return to the Premier League.
United are desperately short of cover at the back this season, and Louis Van Gaal has now turned to Carvalho as a solution to solve his problems.
Carvalho is said to be keen on the move as he would provide cover for the side’s younger players whilst studying for his coaching badges at the same time.
The former Stamford Bridge star rejected the chance to become Chelsea’s assistant manager earlier in the summer, but is now said to be keen on focussing on his career as a coach.
United are still in the market for a first choice centre-back, but are also monitoring good back-up options as well.