Floyd Mayweather Jr will face his next battle in the ring on the evening of Saturday September 13th, according to ESPN journalist Dan Rafael.
While Mayweather’s next opponent and fight venue are not yet known, the fact that the 37 year-old American remains undefeated in his 46 bouts means that he is unlikely to fear whoever he goes up against.
THIS JUST IN: Floyd Mayweather's next fight will take place on September 13. Opponent and location are TBD. (via @danrafaelespn)
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 20, 2014
“Floyd will go on Sept. 13 and we looking at who he’s going to fight and where he is going to fight,” said Mayweather Promotions chief executive Leonard Ellerbe to ESPN.com.
“Obviously, Las Vegas is his home and the MGM Grand is always the leading candidate but we will take a look at our other options.”
“We’re looking at opponents now,” he said. “In the next two weeks we’ll have that part figured out.”
There are strong rumours that Mayweather could fight British boxer Amir Khan, with the two sharing joint billing at an event earlier this year, but Ellerbe remained coy on the prospect of the 27 year-old taking on his client – having previously turned down the chance to fight due to religious reasons.
“If Amir Khan wants to fight Floyd Mayweather, we’re going to fight on Sept. 13,” Ellerbe said.
Time will tell if Khan and Mayweather will ever meet, but