Seahawks CB Richard Sherman has the Seahawks looking like the best team in football after holding the Philadelphia Eagles to two-year lows in points and yards.
READ MORE:Cam Newton car crash – Panthers QB in car accident near stadium Johnny Manziel named Cleveland starter – Former Heisman trophy winner named Browns starting QB Julio Jones hip injury – Falcons star gets injured after setting franchise receiving record
Back in October when the Seahawks were 3-3 coming off back-to-back losses to the Cowboys and Rams it was easy to see why the Seahawks would be written off. The Cardinals were a one-loss team for 11 straight weeks and plenty of other teams were making a name for themselves in the NFC – the idea that the Seahawks would be the latest victim of the Superbowl hangover was not hard to image. But then the Seahawks starting winning – to the tune of a 6-1 stretch from late October until Sunday’s win over the Philadelphia Eagles in which they held the high-octane Eagles offense to two-year lows in both points and yards.
The Seahawks are red hot right now, more so than any other team in football besides the Patriots and Packers – but the difference is, this Seahawks team has the benefit of being just as good as the unit that won last year’s Superbowl championship. We already know from earlier in the season that the Seahawks can beat the seemingly unbeatable Green Bay Packers in their home stadium. And if this streak keeps up the Seahawks may just prove it again.
Here are the five best teams in the NFL heading into Week 15:
5. Indianapolis Colts – It takes a special kind of QB to make a comeback like the one Andrew Luck led, and yet at the same time it’s what we’ve come to expect from him – as will his third straight AFC South division title.
4. Denver Broncos – The fact that the Broncos were able to win without Peyton Manning playing well proves that this team is now complete enough to go back to the Superbowl.
3. New England Patriots – Not much left to say except that the road to Superbowl XLIX goes through New England. With only the Bills, Dolphins and Jets left on their schedule it will be hard for that statement to be proven wrong.
2. Green Bay Packers – No one has beaten Green Bay at home all season. The Packers will need to end their road struggles and win out in order to keep it that way through the playoffs.
1. Seattle Seahawks – If this Seahawks team played the 2013 version of the Seahawks, would the game end in a 0-0 tie?