Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald could get another shot at the Superbowl title he came so close to winning back in 2008.
READ MORE:Colt McCoy beats Tony Romo – Washington beats Dallas with backup QB Dez Bryant amazing Cowboys TD – Dallas WR makes one-handed catch, extends full body for TD Murray Cowboys rushing record – RB DeMarco Murray on pace to set NFL single-season rushing record
To be the best you have to beat the best. So far that is just about all the Arizona Cardinals have done: San Diego, San Francisco and now Philadelphia have all fallen to the Cardinals as they move to 6-1 thanks to an incredible late-game TD bomb from QB Carson Palmer to WR John Brown with less than 2 minutes to play. The scariest thing about how well the Cardinals are doing is that they aren’t even at full strength: LB Daryl Washington, DT Darnell Dockett and LB John Abraham have all either been suspended or injured to the points where the team should see a significant reduction in defensive stopping power. And yet the team remains stout.
With an elite receiving corps that features future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald, a strong-armed, veteran QB in Carson Palmer, and a defensive backfield with the tandem of Patrick Peterson, Deone Buchanon and Antonio Cromartie, the Cardinals are flying high and get to put their NFC West-best record on the line next week against the Dallas Cowboys in a game to determine the league’s best record to start November.
And if the Cardinals can enter December with a winning record, they may find themselves with a first-round bye and a great shot at the Superbowl when it comes to the city in February.
Here are the top 5 NFL teams heading into Week 9:
5. Dallas Cowboys – The interesting question to answer going forward will be: Was that loss a hiccup or is the team really less effective when Tony Romo touches the ball more than DeMarco Murray?
4. Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks are getting back into their groove defensively, but the offense needs just a little more of a spark to overtake the Cardinals in the NFC West.
3. New England Patriots – There’s the Patriots team we’re used to seeing – dropping over 50 points on a team with a below average defense, just like they used to all the time.
2. Arizona Cardinals – Top to bottom this is probably the best developed team in football right now. The rookies are phenomenal, the veterans are playing at a high level, and the young stars are blossoming into the kind of team the Seahawks and 49ers have become.
1. Denver Broncos – Beating down the San Diego Chargers wasn’t just a statement game in the AFC. It puts the entire NFL on notice that it will take a nearly flawless game to even come close to beating the Broncos.