Aaron Rodgers tore through the Bears and the NFL record books like a scissor through rice paper.
READ MORE:Kevin Love Los Angeles Lakers opt out – Cavs star could opt out of contract to join LA Lakers Cleveland Cavaliers head coach angry – David Blatt critical of Cavs defense Derrick Rose Chicago Bulls injury – Former MVP returns from consecutive lost seasons and leads Bulls to win
With 6 TDs in the first half against the Chicago Bears, the Packers made two things incredibly clear: The Bears defense was terrible and the Packers are one of the best teams in football. The Packers were so dominant against the Bears that Chicago couldn’t even get on the scoreboard until Green Bay had built a 45-0 lead on them. The Packers may not have the win total of the Detroit Lions, but the just plain thorough domination of a division rival like that will make you stand up and take notice that the Packers may be 6-3, not 8-1 like some other teams, but they have more offensive talent than maybe any other team in football.
Here are the five best NFL teams heading into Week 10:
5. Indianapolis Colts – Nothing beats a franchise QB, except another franchise QB – making Tom Brady and Peyton Manning the only legitimate threats to Andrew Luck bringing the Colts to the Superbowl this year.
4. Green Bay Packers – Aaron Rodgers is leading the NFL in TD% and yards/throw. They may have gotten off to a rough start, but if they can beat the Lions at home, the Packers may have a smooth ride to a first round bye in the playoffs.
3. Philadelphia Eagles – Sometimes all a QB needs is a change of scenery – that and a change from a defensive-minded coach to an offensive-minded one. Regardless, the Eagles can and will win with Mark Sanchez as their QB. The trick will be figuring out if he’s worth the long-term investment.
2. Denver Broncos – When a 5 TD performance by Peyton Manning doesn’t even register a blip on the NFL radar, it means he has reach an entirely new level of expectations. Will he be the first QB in NFL history to record multiple a second 50 TD season?
1. New England Patriots – The Patriots are realistically speaking only about one or two wins away from locking up another division title. Will the roster weaknesses catch up with them in time for the playoffs? Not as long as Tom Brady is slinging it.