Torres bagged a brace against Schalke in the Champions League on Tuesday evening…
Chelsea forward Fernando Torres scored an impressive double in the Champions League last night, and reckons he is slowly but surely getting back to his best form, reports Football.co.uk.
Torres has famously struggled since his £50m move back in 2011 from Liverpool, but actually has an impressive record in European competition for the Blues.
“The last few games I feel very sharp, very well,” said the 29-year-old striker, who has bagged four times in all competitions so far this term.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will be hoping his striker replicates his goalscoring exploits in the Premier League, with Chelsea currently in second place behind high-flying Arsenal.
“It’s about work, working hard and feeling the belief of the staff, the belief of the players in ourselves and I feel the belief I have in myself,” Torres continued.
“The more important games of the season are still to come.”
Torres will hope to retain his spot spearheading Chelsea, but faces competition from Demba Ba and Samuel Eto’o especially, who scored his first Premier League goal of the season at the weekend.
“We have three very good strikers and hopefully all of us can score goals,” Torres said.
“When I play I hope to score goals and when Samuel and Demba play they have to score as well, so this competition is very healthy.”