Broadcasters reach agreement on pay-per-view telecast…
Arum says no Mayweather-Pacquiao deadline: Talks will continue until there is an agreement.
Arum slams lack of Mayweather urgency: Floyd blamed for slowing process.
Arum says Mayweather-Pacquiao finalised in couple days: Promoter confident deal is almost done.
Promoter Bob Arum has revealed that HBO and Showtime have agreed on a joint broadcast of Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao, but other issues remain.
Arum claimed that only two issues remain in negotiations before they are able to announce the mega-fight between the two pound-for-pound kings on May 2.
The veteran promoter insisted that the rival networks have come to terms on an agreement which include the announcing team as talks are on-going between the fighters.
“We had four issues and we resolved two,” said Arum, according to ESPN.
“Now we’re working on resolving the other two. Unless something else comes up at the last minute, that’s what my take is.”
Arum declined to reveal what the two issues were, citing the fact that he didn’t want to sabotage the negotiations just as they were set to reach a critical stage.
In addition, he claimed that the major financial points of the fight have been agreed to, including a 60-40 purse split in favour of Mayweather and that the American star will be the one to announce it when it is officially made.
HBO issued a statement earlier this week insisting that they were “ready to go”, but as ever, the cards are in Mayweather’s hands and nothing will be confirmed until he gives the go-ahead.
Meanwhile, he took to Shots on Thursday to show proof that he had met with Pacquiao in his hotel suite after an NBA game last week and insisted that he was the one who instigated the meeting.
Mayweather also told his followers that the Pacquiao camp was again lying about their role in talks, and that there is still no deal for the fight.