Dirrell still bitter about his controversial loss to Froch in 2009…
Groves says Froch was lucky twice: (Video) Saint wants a third clash with rival.
DeGale doesn’t give a f*** about fighting Froch: Chunky just wants his world title.
Froch close to confirming Chavez fight: Pair set to meet in Vegas.
Andre Dirrell has called out Carl Froch in order to secure a rematch against the IBF super-middleweight champion, but he is likely to face James DeGale in 2015.
Dirrell defeated Derek Edwards in their IBF super-middleweight title eliminator on Friday night which moves him up to the second challenger for the belt behind James DeGale.
With champion Froch not interested in defending his belt against either man, he is still chasing his dream fight in Las Vegas which could pit him against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr next year.
As a result, that could leave Dirrell and DeGale to fight for a vacant belt, but that isn’t what the former wants as he still eyes revenge against Froch.
“I honestly believe that he’s scared to fight me,” Dirrell told Showtime.
“It’s too risky of a fight for him to take. But I’m gonna push for it. There’s a win on his record that is questioned. I may be cheated but never defeated. You might have stopped him, but I ain’t no George Groves, baby”.
DeGale established himself as a mandatory challenger for the belt with his win over Brandon Gonzales at Wembley back in May, and he followed that impressive performance with a stoppage win over Marco Antonio Periban in Liverpool in November.
However, he insists that he isn’t bothered about whether or not he faces Froch, he just wants to win the title and create history by becoming the first British boxer to win an Olympic gold medal and then go on to become a world champion.
Promoter Eddie Hearn has previously hinted at the possibility of pairing DeGale and Groves up for an IBF showdown, but Groves is likely to continue to press for a fight with the WBC champion, Anthony Dirrell.