German giants given massive boost in relegation run in.
Borussia Dortmund have announced that star forward Marco Reus has committed his future to the club for another four years by penning a deal until 2019.
Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal: North London Derby player ratings with Ozil great for the Gunners, but Cazorla quiet
Crazy! Manchester United boss snubbed chance to sign THIS Chelsea star
Chelsea transfer news
In a statement on their official website, the club said:
“Wonderful news for the nearly ten million fans of Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund: The player courted by several top European clubs international Marco Reus, 25, has prematurely extended his contract with the eight-time German champion until 30 June of 2019.”
Reus had been linked with a move to everyone from Real Madrid to Manchester United during the January transfer window, but has decided to stay put despite the club’s continued slide toward the Bundesliga relegation zone.
“We never let ourselves be guided by all the rumors and change always seen a good chance that this exceptional player deliberately opts for a future with Dortmund ,” said Managing Director Hans-Joachim Watzke.
“Marco can shape an era in Dortmund, as it has done before him Uwe Seeler in Hamburg or Steven Gerrard in Liverpool. That Marco has decided midst of a sporting crisis for BVB, shows a high degree of identification, of which we are very proud.”
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) February 10, 2015