Arsene Wenger says Gunners not interested in Fulham’s Dimitar Berbatov.
Berbatov to Arsenal has become something of an urban myth in the past two weeks. Wenger again dismissive. “He’s not a name we’ve considered’
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) January 3, 2014
Arsene Wenger has distanced Arsenal from a move for Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov.
SEE ALSO: The top 10 best Arsenal games of all time
The Gunners have been linked with a cut-price £2m move for the former Manchester United and Tottenham striker this month but Wenger told a press conference, ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup third round clash with Spurs, that the Bulgarian was ‘not a name we’ve considered’.
Berbatov’s agent admitted earlier in the season that the 32-year-old would consider a move away from Craven Cottage this month.
The Gunners are in need of striking reinforcements, with Olivier Giroud and Nicklas Bendtner currently sidelined.
The Premier League leaders are likely to start Saturday’s North London derby with Lukas Podolski as a lone striker.
Read more Arsenal transfer news.