The Frenchman confirms the Gunners will not be making a repeat bid for the forward.
Liverpool star Luis Suarez was the subject of a bid from Arsenal in the summer of 2013, but Arsene Wenger says he has no regrets in not signing the forward.
The Gunners submitted a £40m plus one pound offer for the 27-year-old after being misinformed that would trigger a clause in Suarez’s contract.
The bid led Reds principal owner John W Henry to slam the north London club on Twitter.
What do you think they’re smoking over there at Emirates?
— John W. Henry (@John_W_Henry) July 24, 2013
Of course since then the Uruguay international has been in stunning form on Merseyside, scoring an impressive 23 Premier League goals in just 19 matches.
This has led to great interest from much of Europe’s elite, but Wenger says that his side will not be making another move for Suarez and does not regret failing to sign the South American.
“At the moment no, no,” the Frenchman was quoted by the Mirro when asked about a summer offer for the striker.
“You sometimes have regrets when players who played for you score goals or do well somewhere else.
“But he was never our player, it is a situation that didn’t come off and that is it.”
Wenger’s team have been in great form this season and currently top the English top tier ahead of Manchester City and Chelsea with 55 points.
They face Suarez’s side in the league on Saturday, in their first match of a difficult run in of fixtures that also sees them play Manchester United and then Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Critics of the club have said that this period will make or break them and a lack of decent options in attack – with Olivier Giroud being the only recognised striker in form – could hinder their title ambitions.
Check out the 10 worst Arsenal flops of the Premier League era.
Read more Arsenal transfer news.