Galliani rubbishes thoughts of Balotelli and El Sharaawy swap.
AC Milan have rubbished rumours suggesting they could sanction a swap deal involving Stephan El Shaarawy and Mario Balotelli.
He said: “There will not be any exchange.
“El Shaarawy will remain at Milan. We plan to keep our best players and to try and find cover for Nigel de Jong (who will miss the remainder of the season with an Achilles injury).”
SOURCE: Sky Sports
Rumours linking Mario Balotelli with a Manchester City exit are gathering pace but there will be no swap deal with AC Milan star Stephen El Shaarawy, says Milan’s Adriano Galliani.
Maverick Mario may well have played his last game for City after boss Roberto Mancini’s decision to start the 22-year-old in Sunday’s Manchester derby backfired.
Balotelli, who reportedly threw a tantrum in training last week after being refused leave to return to Italy, may not be handed another chance to impress before January, with Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero all clamouring for a start at the Etihad.
Milan remain admirers of the unpredictable striker – as do their city rivals Internazionale – but any thoughts of a swap with El Shaarawy always appeared far-fetched.
‘The Pharaoh’, as the Egyptian-born Italy international has affectionately been named, has emerged as one of the finest talents in world football this season and has quietly compensated for the loss of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who departed for PSG this summer.
While Balotelli could well end up at AC Milan, he will be playing alongside El Shaarawy, rather than replacing him.
Download the free fanatix app now for iPhone: Sport news, social features and more!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr: