Argentinian set to meet up with new team-mates on Friday.
AC Milan defender Matias Silvestre is looking forward to resurrecting his career after sealing his loan move, and has opened up about his time at Inter.
The 28-year-old made the cross-city switch after the Rossoneri suffered a mini injury crisis, with Daniele Bonera ruled out with a fractured knee-cap for three months while Philippe Mexes is struggling with a muscle strain.
Having been told to find a new club by Inter earlier this summer after being left out of their pre-season training squad, Silvestre is relieved to have finally ended his nightmare stint with the Nerazzurri and is looking forward to proving his critics wrong.
“This is not the moment to make any promises,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport as reported by Football Italia. “I’ll look to do my talking with facts.
“I know that there is a massive wall to scale in front of me, but I have no fear.”
The Argentinian admits that he turned down several offers this summer from the likes of Genoa and Parma, and while he thanked those clubs for their interest, he is delighted that Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri has handed him the opportunity to re-ignite his career.
“I had nothing against Parma or Genoa,” he added. “I thank the two club for their interest, but I was hoping for a high level solution.
“Fortunately Milan didn’t forget about me. I could not have hoped for any better,” he added.
Silvestre blames an injury he picked up in pre-season last year for his initial struggles at Inter, while the switch to the three-man defence also didn’t help his cause as he pushed too hard to impress when given the chance.
However, the former Palermo captain has revealed he isn’t looking to make excuses but he will undoubtedly be raring to go as he aims to break into the first-team set-up in the red half of the city.