Norwegian dismissed after Luton humiliation.
Wolverhampton Wanderers have sacked manager Stale Solbakken following their FA Cup exit at the hands on non-league Luton.
The struggling Championship outfit, who were relegated from the top-flight last season, also terminated the contracts of assistant manager Johan Lange and Patrick Weiser, the first team coach.
Wolves are currently 18th in the Championship, having won just three out of their last 16 league games and a disappointing run of results culminated in Saturday’s FA Cup third round 1-0 defeat to Luton Town.
Solbakken had only been in charge at Molineux for six months.
“Kevin Thelwell, head of football development and recruitment, will take charge of first team training until a new manager is appointed, assisted by development coach, Steve Weaver,” said a club statement.
“The club would like to offer their thanks and best wishes to Stale, Johan and Patrick.”
The 44-year-old Solbakken, who had previously been in charge of German side Cologne, replaced Terry Connor in the Wolves hotseat last summer.
He becomes the 10th Championship manager to leave his club this season while Wolves now search for their fourth boss in under a year.
Speaking after Saturday’s match, the Norwegian had said he was not “embarrassed” by the defeat.
“There will be a lot of questions over me but that is normal, that’s football and I have to take that, it’s no problem,” he said.
“I can put it right. I’m not embarrassed by the result, I can’t fault the players’ effort. First half we did well, but second half we didn’t because our physical presence in the box was not enough.”
Download the free fanatix app now for iPhone: Sport news, social
features and more!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr: