These forwards are hungry for goals this season…
fanatix runs down the ten forwards who took more shots than anyone else in Europe’s top leagues this weekend…
We can expect the list to feature a lot of the same names at the end of the season!
Stats courtesy of Who Scored...
10) Olivier Giroud – Arsenal – 6 shots
Giroud scored early on for the Gunners, but failed to find the net again from his six shots as Arsenal slumped to an embarrassing opening day defeat to Aston Villa.
9) Lionel Messi – Barcelona – 6 shots
Not a bad afternoon in all for the four time consecutive Ballon D’or winner. Two goals, and an assist in his side’s 7-0 annihilation of hapless Levante at the weekend.
Remember this Arsenal reject? Aliadiere is now 30-years-old, but is still as shot-happy as when he was a highly touted French youngster!
7) Haris Seferovic – Real Sociedad – 6 shots
The 21-year-old Swiss striker joined the La Liga club this summer, and made a very good first impression for his club, scoring once from his six shots on goal.
6) Frank Lampard – Chelsea – 6 shots
An eventful afternoon for the veteran midfielder in Chelsea’s easy win against Hull, as he missed a penalty, but scored a 40-yard freekick screamer!
5) Daniel Sturridge – Liverpool – 6 shots
Six shots and one goal for Liverpool’s talented English forward. The club will need him to be lethal this year if they have any chances of reaching the top four.
4) Anthony Modeste – Hoffenheim – 6 shots (average)
3) Zlatan Ibrahimovich – PSG – 7 shots (average)
2) Robin Van Persie – Manchester United – 7 shotsThe brilliant Dutch striker scored twice from his seven shots in a 4-1 thrashing of Swansea, and is a strong favourite to win his third consecutive Premier League Golden boot award.
Who else…?! Ronaldo had a ludicrously high 11 shots on goal during his side’s 2-1 win against Real Betis, but failed to score with any of them! No footballer shoots as much as Ronaldo.